Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sippy Cups and Doll Clothes

Sometimes, a sippy cup of chocolate milk just can't wait for Dad to finish pondering a passage of Scripture written by the Almighty. So, it's pause, put down the computer, get up, go to the fridge, get the drink, sit back down, regain your thoughts... Ah... back at it. And just when I've had time enough to move to the next point, the other daughter will come and need me to put on a pair of dolly pants for her... right now. It just can't wait. And the cycle continues... needless to say, this would often times make my work stretch into the evening hours, and I wasn't truly free to be a "dad" to my girls, and I wasn't truly free to be a pastor. I loved working from home, but it's been a challenge to be as productive as I want to be with our two little girls not understanding fully what it means when "Dad's working now."

So, here I am at our fantastic new office space on 1814 E. Broad Street. It's refreshing to have a place to come to and get work done. This shift will be a good one. I feel that the Lord will allow me to be more productive and enable our team to be more efficient. The end result, we'll be able to more effectively minister to the congregation and to the community of Statesville. And I'll have the time at home to get those sippy cups filled, and those dollies dressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are probably at peace... there in your little office with Prince S. Fishie II but the girls like when daddy fills sippy cups... its just not the same at home with out you... but we know it will all be good loves

bobby said...

So when do we get some pictures of those little girls and beautiful wife on the blog? ;)

Miss ya bro. Glad to reconnect this way! And glad God's doing great things through several of us!